US Patent Application 18354261. DISPLAY DEVICE simplified abstract
DISPLAY DEVICE - A simplified explanation of the abstract
This abstract first appeared for US patent application 18354261 titled 'DISPLAY DEVICE
The patent application describes a display device with a display panel divided into two areas, each with a peripheral region and an emission region of pixels from different groups.
- Display device with divided display panel
- Two areas with different pixel groups
- Insulating layer and organic layer overlapped in the second area
- Light blocking pattern overlapped in the second area
- Organic layer has an opening for the emission region of the second group
- Light blocking pattern has an opening corresponding to the organic layer opening.
Original Abstract Submitted
A display device includes a display panel including a first area including a peripheral region and an emission region of a pixel of a first group; and a second area including a peripheral region and an emission region of a pixel of a second group; at least one insulating layer disposed on the display panel and overlapping the second area; an organic layer disposed on the at least one insulating layer and overlapping the second area; and a light blocking pattern disposed on the organic layer and overlapping the second area. A first opening corresponding to the emission region of the pixel of the second group is formed in the organic layer, and a first light blocking opening corresponding to the first opening is formed in the light blocking pattern.