18354078. IMPRINTING METHOD, IMPRINT APPARATUS AND ARTICLE MANUFACTURING METHOD simplified abstract (CANON KABUSHIKI KAISHA)
IMPRINTING METHOD, IMPRINT APPARATUS AND ARTICLE MANUFACTURING METHOD
IMPRINTING METHOD, IMPRINT APPARATUS AND ARTICLE MANUFACTURING METHOD - A simplified explanation of the abstract
This abstract first appeared for US patent application 18354078 titled 'IMPRINTING METHOD, IMPRINT APPARATUS AND ARTICLE MANUFACTURING METHOD
The abstract describes a method for improving throughput in the process of forming patterns on a substrate using a mold. The method involves aligning the mold and the pattern-forming region on the substrate based on the positional relationship between the mold and an alignment mark. The timing of the alignment is adjusted depending on the area in the pattern-forming region where a pattern can be formed.
- The method involves aligning a mold and a pattern-forming region on a substrate.
- The alignment is based on the positional relationship between the mold and an alignment mark.
- The timing of the alignment is adjusted depending on the area where a pattern can be formed.
- If the area is a wider second area, the alignment begins earlier relative to the contacting of the mold and the imprint material.
- If the area is a narrower first area, the alignment begins later relative to the contacting.
- Semiconductor manufacturing: This method can be applied in the fabrication of semiconductor devices where precise alignment of patterns is crucial.
- Nanotechnology: The method can be used in the production of nanoscale patterns for various applications such as sensors, electronics, and optics.
- Display technology: The method can be utilized in the manufacturing of displays, such as LCDs or OLEDs, to improve the efficiency and accuracy of pattern formation.
- Improved throughput: By adjusting the timing of alignment based on the pattern-forming area, the method can optimize the process and increase the speed of pattern formation, leading to higher throughput.
- Enhanced pattern accuracy: The precise alignment of the mold and the pattern-forming region ensures accurate pattern replication, reducing errors and defects in the final product.
- Increased productivity: The improved throughput allows for faster production cycles, resulting in higher productivity and reduced manufacturing costs.
- Improved pattern quality: The precise alignment enhances the accuracy and consistency of pattern formation, leading to higher-quality products with fewer defects.
- Versatility: The method can be applied to various industries and applications that involve pattern formation, providing a versatile solution for different manufacturing processes.
Original Abstract Submitted
The throughput is improved by changing a timing of beginning aligning between a mold and a substrate depending on an area in a pattern-forming region where a pattern can be formed. An imprinting method for forming a pattern of an imprint material in a plurality of pattern-forming regions on a substrate using a mold having a pattern portion, having contacting the mold and the imprint material and relatively aligning the mold and the pattern-forming region based on a positional relationship between the mold and an alignment mark of each pattern-forming region, in which, in the aligning, a timing of beginning the aligning is earlier relative to the contacting if an area in the plurality of pattern-forming regions where a pattern can be formed is a second area that is wider than a first area than if an area is the first area.